I have committed myself to learning React. And not by just copy and pasting another one's code and hoping it works, but by really learning the basics and the idea behind React. And the best way to do that is by teaching it to others. I do that by blogging on this website and by giving workshops.
My React blog posts are filed under the React category page.
I am giving React workshops, check the Speaking page for more information.
Here is a list of links that I consider being essential for me (and maybe for you too!) to learn React. Many of the links I have watched or read many times, and I can keep on watching or reading them because every time I hear something new.
I will keep updating this list as it is a note to self in the first place.
- React: Rethinking best practices by Pete Hunt
- Simply React by Kent C. Dodds
- Making the DOM declarative by Michael Jackson (no, not THAT Michael Jackson)
- Never Write Another Higher Order Component by Michael Jackson
- Getting Closure on React Hooks by swyx
- Using Composition in React to Avoid "Prop Drilling" by Michael Jackson
- React is Fiction by Jenn Creighton
- The Beginner's Guide to React (free Egghead course) by Kent C. Dodds
- A Complete Guide to useEffect by Dan Abramov
- Refactoring React: Which component pattern can improve your codebase? by Siddharth Kshetrapal
Other links I keep on my Links page.